The Month of Love
Valentines Day Proposals
With the day of love fast approaching there are bound to be plenty of proposals to be made. On average 52% of men propose on or around Valentines day. So what makes this season so heart warming? Is it the change of season approaching? or all the excess love and generosity from the holidays? No matter what the reason is this is the time of year to express your truest deepest love to the one who you love and care about the most. So if you have that special someone and want to make this your moment forever, go ahead and pop the question!
Facts about Valentine’s Day ( February 14th)
* It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards.
* In the Middle Ages, young men and women drew names from a bowl to see who would be their Valentine. They would wear this name pinned onto their sleeves for one week for everyone to see. This was the origin of the expression "to wear your heart on your sleeve."
* 189 million stems of roses are sold in the U.S. on Valentine's Day.
* The red rose was the favorite flower of Venus, the Roman goddess of love.
* Cupid is a symbol of Valentine's Day. Cupid was associated with Valentine's Day because he was the son of Venus, the Roman god of love and beauty. Cupid often appears on Valentine cards and gift tokens holding a bow and arrows as he is believed to use magical arrows to arouse feelings of love.
If you are looking for a venue for your wedding reception think of Vanity Fare Wedding Caterers, NJ
Vanity Fare Caterers
1600 Route 70 East
Lakewood, NJ 08701
Ask For Jen or Bob to discuss your Wedding Venue, Corporate Event, Bar Mitzvah or Graduation Party