With the stresses of society and wedding panning, honeymoons are not only a great opportunity for newlyweds to unwind but also to get away from the norm. A new trend for honeymooners is "Unplugged Resorts" where there’s no wi-fi, phones, or television, just the two of you and natures surroundings. Here are the top 5 unplugged resorts for you to consider when planning your honeymoon...
1) Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Florida: This luxurious thatch-roofed resort is only accessible by boat. The suites do not have any TV’s, phones, or radios, but have amenities such as two person hot tubs, private sun decks, and outdoor showers. Room service can set up one of six different romantic turndowns in your room after a day of fun in the sun.
2) Haramara Retreat, Mexico: This retreat has 15 palapa-style cabins have no electricity and are lit entirely by candles and oil lamps. After all the stressful wedding planning, you as a couple can relax with a yoga class or meditation class inside one of the open-air pavilions with 360-degree views of the Pacific Ocean.
3) Blancaneaux Lodge, Belize: This retreat has 20 guest quarters and 2 honeymoon cabanas with pools and views of the Privassion Creek waterfall. Again, the lodge has no TV’s or phones and is a beautiful secluded getaway.
4) Tiamo, Bahamas: Removed from the hustle and bustle of Nassau and Paradise Island, on the South Andros Island, Tiamo is the perfect romantic getaway. This resort has 10 solar-powered cottages, each with outdoor hot tubs facing the beautiful blue waters. The resort has snorkel trips to the Bahamas blue holes, dive expeditions, and nature trail walks that will not only bring you closer to each other, but closer with nature as well!
5) Bamurru Plains, Australia: A nature retreat in the Australian safari, without TVs, telephones, or internet access. This destination offers activities like airboat rides, open-top safari drives, crocodile and wallaroo trail walks, this retreat offers nine eco-chic bungalows on top of timber stilts with floor-to-ceiling mesh walls for unobstructed access to the unique sounds and sights.
So, just a few ideas on how to spend your honeymoon a little differently, it is supposed to be all about the newlyweds and what better way to spend it? These retreats allow a couple to be intimate and alone, and remove all technological distractions. Obviously, this type of lifestyle is hard to get used to, but a week or two away good do some newlyweds real good!
If you are looking for a venue for your wedding reception think of Vanity Fare Wedding Caterers, NJ
Vanity Fare Caterers
1600 Route 70 East
Lakewood, NJ 08701
Ask For Jen or Bob to discuss your Wedding Venue, Corporate Event, Bar Mitzvah or Graduation Party